Property of Zack
- "Atlanta, Georgia quintet, The Howling Tongues, are trying to revolutionize rock n’ roll by going back to what made the genre iconic to begin with. The Howling Tongues' entire premise is that if they play honest and passionate music on real instruments and focus every ounce of their energy on delivering the best possible live show possible, they will be able to win over the masses. So far their formula for success has attracted the likes of Stan Lynch and Tom Tapley. Not bad. Give The Howling Tongues an opportunity to win you over, and chances are, they will."
New Hellfire Club
- "This is a band with an unbelievably huge following at home in Atlanta, USA, but also a growing fan base worldwide too. Skilled musicians with a nostalgic drive and a great ability to pick out the best bits of music in many genres over some of the best eras of music, and blend that influence with their own individuality to achieve the sound they now have. This is a band to please all kinds of music fans, but if you dig The Black Keys, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin and The Who you will no doubt appreciate what these guys are doing."
- "With what used to be alternative starting to include anything that doesn’t neatly fit somewhere else, defining a musical genre is getting harder and harder. And rock and roll? It is anything with prominent guitars and screaming vocals, at least to some people. But every now and then, there is a band that sounds exactly the way they want to be. For The Howling Tongues, there is no mistaking the sound. They are definitively rock and roll."
- "The band has crafted a nicely produced impressive six-song album entitled“Keep the Dust Down” that growls and snarls with hooks and some classic hard rock that got me jacked. There is no wonder that this band has grown exponentially in the last couple of months because if their live show is indicative of this album then I would check them out the next time they’re in your area. It is unpretentious music that you can drink a beer to while having a good old time. It should be noted that Tom Tapley who is one of the industry’s top engineers (Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen) recorded this album and you can tell from the imprint that his professional touch was added. Fan of classic rock and contemporaries like Jack White and The Black Keys beware you may have found your next favorite band."
- "If you have an appetite for some old school rock n roll with vibrant resonance musically and passionately dripping from every note and element then Atlanta rockers The Howling Tongues is the band for you."
The Music Mug
- "The Howling Tongues = Rock-n-Roll. So I thought I would share with you all The Howling Tongues- a band based out of Atlanta, Ga. They are quickly becoming a popular band in these here parts! haha Their blend of soul and rock-n-roll makes their music an instant addiction..."
- "The Howling Tongues’ newest single “Makes You Tick” is sure to give you a rock n roll attitude. These guys did an amazing job at figuring out what people want to hear. They put so much into it, but in a way that it is not overdone. The beginning sets the whole mood for the song and introduces the groove with an approach that just gets you pumped to listen to it, and then press the repeat button. The riff is incredible and will make you want to drive really, really fast; it is definitely one of my favorite tracks on the album."
- “There are the classic rock-and-roll groups like Queen and Led Zeppelin that we look up to,” says Wainwright. “We want to continue on a path they would have been on if rock didn’t derail. We want to place it back where it’s supposed to be. It’s an old sound, but people love rock and roll. They just don’t know it yet.”
- "Sweet tap-dancing Batman - the new EP by The Howling Tongues is seriously one of the best rock records I've heard in years.
- "The five piece group gives off a strong Led Zeppelin vibe, but with some elements from modern rock bands such as the Raconteurs and the White Stripes. Powerful drums and slick bass lines keep a good groove on all the songs while air-guitar worthy riffs give some real attitude. Taylor Harlow’s lead vocals really put the cherry on top, sounding reminiscent of Jack White on some songs, most noticeably on the song “Jose No Se.”
French - Sensationrock.net